The city of Sharjah might not be as popular as Dubai when it comes to travel. But the city does have a unique charm of its own. The best thing about the city is that you get a blend of tradition and modernity, something that couldn’t be experienced in Dubai. Quick Drive offers complete solutions for car rental in Sharjah, which would help you explore the city on your terms. However, if you are traveling to the city for the first time, then you should know about a few things. So, let’s start with the basics.
Arriving in Sharjah
The Sharjah International Airport (IATA: SHJ) is about 15 kilometers from Sharjah city. You can take the shuttle bus which runs every 30 minutes to reach the city. If you want to travel in comfort, you can rent a car at Sharjah Airport with Quick Drive, which would not require you to wait.
You can also fly to the Dubai International Airport (IATA: DXB) which is located close to the border between Dubai and Sharjah. But be advised, that the airport remains crowded as it is an international air travel hub. Quick Drive also offers hassle-free airport transfers from DXB as well. Visit our car rental in Dubai airport page to know more.
The Best Time to Travel
The best time to travel to Sharjah is from the beginning of November to April. You will get warm sunny days and cool evenings. The humidity also stays low, and rainfall can also be expected. Summers can get quite hot, with temperatures easily rising up to 40°C to 45°C (104°F to 113°F). If you are traveling during summer pack in enough sunscreen and light clothes and try to stay indoors as much as possible.
Traveling Around Sharjah
When it comes to public transport, Sharjah gives you two options – buses and taxis. However, to be frank both these options are a bit of a hassle. The buses only travel on a few routes and the taxis are hard to get during peak office hours
If you want to travel freely and in absolute comfort, then you need to rent a car in Sharjah with the help of a professional car rental company like Quick Drive. Get a wide range of options to choose from and get the advantage of professional services that would make your journey even more comfortable.
Things to Keep in Mind
When traveling to Sharjah, or any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates, you would need to keep in mind certain rules and traditions that are followed locally. These would not impede your travel experience. In fact, they will make your travel even more fulfilling as you would get to understand the culture.
- Dress Modestly: Sharjah is considered to be the more conservative of the seven emirates of UAE. So, try to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious spaces.
- No Alcohol: Drinking alcohol, even in private is a punishable offense. So, if you need to drink, you would need to travel to Dubai, where liquor is available only at specific places
- Avoid Public Display of Affection: Public Display of Affection (PDA) which includes hugging, kissing, etc. is not allowed in public. You would be charged fines or punished under the law
- Travel Insurance: After the pandemic, it is mandatory to have travel insurance, you will need at least $100,000 in emergency medical coverage and at least $50,000 in medical evacuation before you travel.
Things You Need to Rent a Car in Sharjah
Here are some of the documents we need from you to offer you a hassle-free car rental service in Sharjah
For UAE Residents:
- Emirates ID
- UAE Driving License
- Copy of your valid Passport
- Visit Visa (with Entry Stamp)
- Driving License
- International Driving Permit (IDP)
You can call or WhatsApp us on +971 50 106 6595 to rent a car in Dubai and explore the range of options we have.